Innovative Applications of Edtech Tools.
Bring your static worksheets to life with video questions, learn how to build an app with Google Slides and more!
In this exciting and highly-interactive workshop, educators will learn how to incorporate edtech tools into their teaching practice in innovative ways to engage students, personalise learning experiences and foster collaboration and creativity.
Participants will explore different edtech tools, such as the Kami Chrome extension to bring static documents to life, Kahoot! for digital assessments, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality to make learning come to life, Google Slides for app development and more.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the benefits of using edtech tools in the classroom in new and innovative ways.
- Be equipped with practical skills and knowledge for incorporating edtech tools into their teaching practice.
- Learn all about the importance of encouraging collaboration and sharing of ideas through various edtech tools with other educators and schools worldwide, including virtual tours with schools in other countries.
- Have sound knowledge of several exciting edtech apps, tools and strategies, including basic and advanced functionality and how to use some of these tools in new and exciting ways.
Full-day in-person workshop (5 hours).
- Gain hands-on experience in using edtech tools to enhance teaching and learning
- Collaborate and share ideas with other educators not only locally but internationally
- Develop practical skills and knowledge for incorporating edtech tools into your teaching practice
- Receive guidance and feedback from experienced facilitators
- Access to resources for further learning
- You will also receive a certificate of achievement upon completion of the workshop to showcase your skills
The workshop will consist of hands-on activities and discussions that explore new and innovative ways to use edtech tools to enhance teaching and learning in various educational settings.
Through these activities, you will learn how to apply edtech tools in creative and effective ways to engage students, personalise learning experiences and foster collaboration and creativity in a local and international classroom.
- Introduction to exciting edtech tools and their incredible benefits
- Exploration of different edtech tools
- Practical application of edtech tools to create engaging and effective learning experiences
- Sharing and feedback – collaboratively develop an app using Google Slides
- App Playground Exploration Land: A land where we will explore the Kahoot! Quiz Kingdom for digital assessments, as well as other exciting edtech kingdoms, including Kami, Augmented and Virtual Reality Island and more!
- Interactive resources for further learning, even after the workshop has come to an end
R1150 per person which includes:
- Access to the workshop and any associated materials such as handouts, a specially designed website, presentations and more.
- Instruction and guidance from an experienced instructor.
- Networking opportunities with other participants in the workshop.
- Hands-on experience and activities to develop skills and knowledge in the workshop topic.
- Certificate of achievement upon completion of the workshop.
- Access to online resources even after the workshop.
- Discounts are available for groups of five people or more.
- VENUE: The Innovation Hub at Saxonwold Primary School (13 Aldswold Road, Saxonwold, Johannesburg, 2198) · Click Here for directions.
- DATE: Saturday, 1 July 2023
- TIME: 09:00 to 14:30
- WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR: Calling all Grade 4-8 teachers to join us for this unforgettable workshop.
By the end of this workshop, you will have a deeper understanding of a range of edtech tools and their potential benefits for teaching and learning.
You will learn how to select and apply various edtech tools, such as Kahoot!, the Kami Chrome extension, augmented reality, virtual reality and more to engage and motivate your students. Through hands-on activities and discussions, you will gain practical skills and knowledge for incorporating these tools into your teaching practice.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate and share ideas with peers not only in South Africa but the world to create innovative and personalised learning experiences for your students.
“Hello, I am Frankie – an ICT Educator and Edu-Innovation Dreamer from Johannesburg, South Africa. I have always been a lifelong learner and use my creative spirit, continuous drive to help teachers and students reach their full potential through Technology in Education and not forgetting my often strange, yet unique sense of humour to inspire and empower others.
Although technology plays such a significant role in what I do and how I empower others, my mission is also to empower teachers and schools through various future skills like problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, bravery and more. I believe that true innovation and Edu-Magic takes place when we use technology not merely as a substitute, but as a powerful tool to help students attain these future skills.
My goal is to inspire teachers to dream big so that they can inspire their students to dream big too and aim higher than ever before. What I absolutely love about my career is that I make people laugh along the way! It is so fulfilling to see the happiness and positive energy in the room whenever I do training or keynote presentations. I would love to work with you to find ways to elevate your already fantastic Edu-Innovation ideas.”
Let’s Connect and Create Magic:
Apart from our hundreds of hours of training, workshops and events, our team also completed their certifications at some of the world’s leading tech companies.
What People Say:
“Frankie, you were the talk of our school today. Thank you so much for inspiring our teachers in EdTech. I can’t wait to have you back!”
“EduElevate has incredible passion for what they do. I attended the School Social Media Marketing Hero workshop which was enlightening and very interactive!”
“In my time working with Frankie Cilliers, I have witnessed the knowledge he has of digital marketing and how he was able to really grasp what the school was about and put that message forward digitally! I would highly recommend his services as a teacher myself!”
Don’t miss out! Secure your spot for this unforgettable workshop by completing our registration form.
Auckland Park, Johannesburg
+27 66 259 0297
You Might Like:
Creating Your Own Personal Brand as a Teacher
17 June 2023 · Johannesburg
This workshop helps teachers develop a personal brand that aligns with their teaching philosophy and goals. It covers personal branding in education, social media strategies, logo, web design and more.